|Home | Voice Dialogue Explained | Getting Started| 1001 Inner Selves -
How to you process and validate Your past
1. Make sure you are working from an aware grown-
2. Make sure you have secured your inner child in a very safe place where they will not be involved at all in the processing. Make sure he or she understands that your grown-
3. Start by making a brief written record of your past history. If you would like a free copy of the Trauma History sheet I use please (click) e-
4. Processing involves working through the memories, coming to understand what might have been going on for your parents, teachers, religious figures, group leaders, counsellors, doctors, nurses, the people who abused you or subjected you to trauma that you should not have experienced.
This is not about forgiving them. It is about dealing with the reality about what these people really were like and how badly they too might have been abused in their childhood and how their own abuse history might have caused them to abuse you.
5. Why do this? Because deep down inside every traumatised or abused child is an unfortunate feeling of guilt or shame and a self-
You will know when you are really getting into processing each experience when you can reinforce your grown-
6. Now it is time to talk to your inner child and to tell them the same thing.
Keep repeating these lines over and over to your inner child until you get a sense that he or she has settled down. You may even share a deep sigh of relief. That’s when you know you have processed that traumatic event.
Now you can start on the next one on your list.
This last step is the most important of all. You are validating your inner child’s reality because deep down inside all along they knew these things were true but as a child they weren’t allowed to have that reality.
Processing past trauma may take some time. You may need to go over the same event many times before the processing is finished.
Your Inner child should never be required to ‘forgive’ anyone for abusing them nor for things that were not their fault and should not have happened.
Validation helps make this clear to your Inner Child.
However, once you have finished processing each event you can if you wish choose to forgive the person.
Just make sure you make it clear that the forgiveness is being given from a self-
Latest notes about the different kinds of damage that can result from Repeated Childhood trauma or Developmental Trauma Dosorder (DTD)
Processing Your Past and Validating your inner child’s Reality
Healing and recovery from past trauma and abuse can only work if it involves three essential steps, first ‘self-
Processing involves working through past history in a special way. It’s not just about remembering and it certainly isn’t about getting worked up or angry about what people have done to you in the past. It is also not about simply forgiving those people without processing first.
Growing your Self-